Hi, I am Meg, a 1 year old border collie. I was in a border collie rescue group before I came to live on this Katahdin sheep farm. I've spent my entire life in a kennel so I haven't had much schooling in farm life yet, so this will be my journey into the sheepdog life. I hope all my readers will enjoy my "rehabilitation" from some odd behaviors I developed from not having anything to do. People would sometimes talk behind my back and call me "
Psycho dog". So you could imagine how this hurt my feelings and consequently my behavior only got worse.
My shepherdess has promised to school me and keep me busy learning new things. Already I feel I've hit the jackpot because I now get to sleep in the house and on the bed---when I am clean. I have a box of toys--slightly used, dozens of Frisbees, ducks, chickens, a horse and most of all--SHEEP! The toys have a faint smell of another dog and some of the Frisbees have tooth marks in them already. I feel both a sense of sadness and happiness in this house at the same time. I am suspicious and curious about everything that happens around here but I give out lots of licks and cuddles when I mess up which seems to improve every one's mood--mine too!
No comments:
Post a Comment